December 8, 2009

Tim & Jean - Come Around [Transcribed lyrics included]

These two gentlemen are Tim & Jean. Tim & Jean have composed the track that has broken my rabid dubstep addiction. With an eerie similarity to Passion Pit, as noted by countless other individuals [read: everyone, PERIOD], Perth's Tim & Jean have worked up a musical storm with their warm & sparkling feel-good hit of the late summer, "Come Around." These skinny-jean-rocking blokes from down under compound the vibrancy and exorbitance of electro-pop with a lot of fun tropical, hazy elements and top it all off with some fucking cute lyrics. "When sunshine comes around, will you still be with me?" Fucking cute, right? Check it.

Download

Lyrics (because I've been unable to find them elsewhere, I transcribed them myself):

Tim & Jean - Come Around lyrics

When sunshine comes around, will you still be with me?
You know it's not the same, but you can count to three
Why don't you find yourself a nice dress to wear
While you're at it, you might as well even care [x2]

I can't complain with what I've got in this life
Possessions only make it hard to feel alright
That's why it's so much harder for people to smile

Hold on, girl, don't be talking like that to me
I'm the one who's been there through the misery
Fall in love, 'cause I'm supposed to be the bad guy
I just need to take a breath and look with my eyes

We're never gonna feel the same
Hey, no, look what you've done now
You should've been the one to blame
Hey, no, look what you've done now [x2]

I can't complain with what I've got in this life
Possessions only make it hard to feel alright
That's why it's so much harder for people to smile

We're never gonna feel the same
Hey, no, look what you've done now
You should've been the one to blame
Hey, no, look what you've done now [x2]

6 comments:

  1. I've been looking for these lyrics everywhere aha, thank youuu :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this song so much. Only problem is I cant find anywhere to get it. =[[[ Help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song. I got it off of Blalock's Indie/Rock Playlist December 2009, if anyone else wants delicious sounds, I really seriously think that's the site to check. www.blalocksirp.com
    Thank you SO MUCH for posting these lyrics, and the song is incredibly addictive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.triplejunearthed.com/artists/view.aspx?artistid=28341

    ReplyDelete